| Amazon (Company Profile)
Service client 01 53 21 81 51
EN LIGNE LE 02/05/2017 | 65 pages1200€ HT
EN LIGNE LE 02/05/2017 | 113 pages1600€ HT
2. Corporate Strategies and Recent Events
3. Financial Indicators
4. Statistical Appendix
Exclusive extracts from this 26-page-long report:
- Who is the player?
Amazon.com is one of the world's leading online retailers. Founded in 1995 as an online bookstore, the American website rapidly expanded its offering to include a wide range of consumer goods, digital content through Amazon Prime Video (including original productions), and services such as Amazon Drive, a cloud computing service. [...]
- What are the player's strategies?
For several years, the online retailer Amazon, which currently disposes of 149 fulfilment centres and 20 sorting centres, has continuously been striving to expand its territorial coverage by opening new fulfilment centres all over the world. The main objective of this strategy is to meet increasing customer demand regionally and to improve distribution logistics by cutting costs and reducing delivery times. Recently, the American company has also begun setting up its own logistics operations to build up and optimise its delivery business, thereby reducing its dependence on third-party freight companies. […]
- What are the player's strengths and weaknesses?
- World's largest online marketplace and online retailer by total sales, with revenues of €122 billion in 2016
- Increasing operating margin over the last few years (from 0.3% in 2014 to 3.2% in 2016)
- Strong dependency on the American market which accounted for 66.4% of its total sales in 2016
- Frequent outages of Amazon's web hosting and cloud computing servers
- Continued losses in international operations […]
- What is the player's financial position?
The financial indicators included in the report include: Consolidated net sales, Consolidated operating income and margin, R&D expenses and ratio, Marketing expenses and ratio, Sales by segment, Sales by region, Profitability ratios, Liquidity ratios, Solvency ratios, Free cash flow and capital expenditure
Qu’est ce que la collection Xerfi Groupes ?
Les plus de l’étude :
- Notre lettre mensuelle Xerfi Previsis sur la conjoncture et ses conséquences concrètes pour les entreprises
- Des alertes sur les évolutions majeures du ou des secteurs de votre choix tout au long de l’année 2015
Cette étude a été ajoutée à votre wishlist d’études, disponible dans votre espace « Mon compte ».
Profitez de l’intégralité de nos services en créant votre compte :
MOT DE PASSE OUBLIÉx
Vous ne possédez pas encore de compte ?
Pour accéder aux communiqués de presse du Groupe Xerfi,
veuillez vous identifier.
CREATION DE VOTRE ESPACE PRESSEx