Pensez à vérifier vos spams !
01 53 21 81 51
CREATION DE VOTRE ESPACE PRESSEx
| The Global Medtech Industry: the market
Service client 01 53 21 81 51
EN LIGNE LE 03/04/2017 | 69 pages1200€ HT
1. Market Fundamentals
1.2. The Industry
2. Market Environment and Prospects
2.1. Market Environment
2.2. Demand & Supply
2.3. International Trade
3. Corporate Strategies and Competition
3.1. Competitive Environment
3.2. Structure of Competition
3.3. Business Strategies
4. Case Studies
5. Statistical Appendix
Exclusive extracts from this 117-page-long report:
- What is the business?
The industry manufactures and markets four major categories of devices:
- diagnostic imaging systems: X-ray machines, CT scanners, MRI systems, ultrasound, etc.
- non-imaging diagnostics: blood pressure measuring equipment, tissue and molecular tests, etc.
- therapeutic devices: orthopaedics, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, general surgery, neurological, and urology
- surgery supplies : injection & puncture devices, tubes & catheters, patient monitoring systems, etc. […]
- What are the main markets?
While industrialised markets such as the US, Western Europe and Japan are characterised by a high penetration of advanced healthcare treatments, including medical devices, this is not the case for developing countries. In some of these markets, a relatively large share of the population is underserved, although they face similar aging patterns and increasing lifestyle diseases. [...]
- Who are the key players?
The market is split between a handful of large, deep-pocketed companies, such as Johnson & Johnson and GE Healthcare, and a myriad of small-scale, specialised players. For example, 95% of the total number of medtech firms in Europe are SMEs. [...]
- How intense is competition?
Competition among medical technology companies is moderate, as evidenced by the high operating margins of the leading global players (14% on average over the past five years). When looking at high-end medical technology businesses (in vitro diagnostics, cardiovascular, etc.), the structure of the market is rather oligopolistic and a handful of global players shape the competitive landscape. However, lower value-added markets (general surgery supplies, for instance) are usually quite fragmented, with local players catering to local needs. [...]
What is the collection Xerfi Global ?
The reports provide :
- Decision-makers with analyses and forecasts on the major sectors of the world economy
- Alerts concerning world forecasts and major sectorial or business developments
- Key information on commodities, exchange rates and country performance
Cette étude a été ajoutée à votre wishlist d’études, disponible dans votre espace « Mon compte ».
Profitez de l’intégralité de nos services en créant votre compte :
MOT DE PASSE OUBLIÉx
Vous ne possédez pas encore de compte ?
Pour accéder aux communiqués de presse du Groupe Xerfi,
veuillez vous identifier.